I have a bucket list.
Things that I have always wanted to do / see / experience.
Nothing that I have ever really thought about in detail. Just vague ideas that have survived my brain for 39 years.
It is not a very long list. Nor is it in any particular order. But it is still my list.
- I want to see The Smoke that Thunders. I want to feel the spray on my face. Just simply because it is called The Smoke that Thunders.
- I want to take a cruise from Seattle / Vancouver up to Glacier Bay National Park. I have always thought that white desolate cold to be one of the most beautiful places in the world.
- I want to take an epic train journey. Either the Canadian which travels over the Rocky Mountains or the Trans-Siberian which travels from Pacific Ocean and St. Petersburg and from which you can explore the Russian Arctic, the Silk Road or Moscow.
- I want to explore Africa in all its majesty. From Windhoek to Dar Es Salaam. Perhaps even by train (Rovos Rail).
- I want to skydive. Just because I want to fly.
- I want new, smaller boobs. Because having big un’s in not all it is cracked up to be.
- I want to ride horses again. Because as a child – that is when I felt the most free.
- I want to buy my own house. It doesn’t have to be very big or majestic. It must perhaps have a pool, definitely a garden, and the normal basics. And it must be mine to do with as I please.
- I want to write a book. About everything. And nothing. And the bits in between.
- I want to come off all the meds and feel healthy. And if you are someone who has never really fully felt healthy due to weight, health or physical issues – then you know why this is on my bucket list.